Assessment Task 3: International significance
Outline information about Uluru–Kata Tjuta National Park’s World Heritage listings, the affect the listing has on the Management of the Park and how Anangu regard the world heritage listing. Inculde any awrds the Park has recived.
Click on the link below to watch the video "World Heritage": http://www.environment.gov.au/parks/publications/uluru/video/world-heritage.html
Guide to answering this task
Incorporate the answers to the below questions into your answer to this task.
- What is a Biosphere Reserve and what year was the Park’s Biosphere Reserve awarded?
- Give a brief description of World Heritage and what is its aim?
- The Park has been World Heritage listed twice, when and what for?
- Briefly describe the Anangu view of World Heritage?
- What are the implications for park management of World Heritage listing?
- What UNESCO award did the Park win in 1995 and for what reasons?
- If a client wished to know more about the Uluru–Kata Tjuta National Park's World Heritage listings, its biosphere reserve status, and other aspects of its national and international significance, where you could get the information from? Include useful websites.