Assessment Task 2: Park history
Please write or present a talk that you could give to a small group of tourists, introducing them to the exploration and settlement of the Uluru region by non-Indigenous people.
Your answer needs to include:
- What is the Anangu view of the history of the area?
- Sequence of explorers’ arrivals, and the reasons they came
- Sequence of white settlement of the area
- Sequence of events leading to the award of the titles to Uluru–Kata Tjuta National Park to traditional owners
- Sequence of the proclamation and World Heritage listing of Uluru–Kata Tjuta National Park