External Assignment Submission
The following guidelines for submitting external assignments have been developed to assist our students to avoid disappointment and ensure your assignments do not get lost or delayed.
Guidelines for submitting external assignments/assessments
- Make a copy of your assignment. Assignments occasionally get mislaid or in rare cases, lost whilst en route to the University or within the University itself. If the assignment gets lost, it is YOUR responsibility to ensure you have kept an exact copy. This also applies to assignments on audio tape or CD formats.
- Use A4 paper or US Letter
- Do not submit your assignment in a plastic sleeve or in a folder or binder unless your lecturer specifically asks for one.
- A folder may be used for the delivery of a portfolio.
- Make sure your assignment is legible, as your marker won't be able to mark it if they cannot read it. Type your assignment if possible, and if hand writing, use black ink. Never use a red pen or pencil unless specifically requested by the lecturer.
- Use only one side of the paper.
- Put your name, student number, assignment identifier and unit code on the top of each page to prevent any mixup in pages or assignments.
- Number all pages (including the cover sheet) at the bottom of the page as follows e.g. 9 of 13.
- Complete an Assignment Cover Sheet and include all relevant information. Attach the relevant barcoded sticker if you have received some.
- Attach all pages by stapling them together in the top-left corner.
- CDs and audio tapes should packed properly to ensure that they are not damaged in transit, i.e. use bubble wrap or a heavy duty cardboard mailer.
- Include the assignment and the assignment cover sheet in an envelope
- By mail: Due dates mean when the assignment must be received, not when the assignment is sent. Be aware Australia Post delivers at different speeds to different areas of the country. Next day delivery does not always mean "next day delivery". Check when sending.
Make sure you have activated your CDU student email account, as acknowledgement of receipt will be emailed to your student account.
Note: we DO NOT accept assignments submitted by fax.
Please ensure that you attach a cover sheet for each assignment and fill in all of the details on the sheet to allow for speedy processing.
Charles Darwin University are unable to process assignments which are incomplete or are lacking the assignment cover sheet. It is the student's responsibility to ensure they have met all the requirements identified in the assignment submission checklist. Where possible we will endeavour to contact the student by email to their student email account and advise them of incomplete submission. Note: an incomplete submission does not constitute a submission due date extension.
Please check with your lecturer if you are unsure of the preferred method for submitting your assignment.
Assignment Extension Requests
Please note there has been a change to the process of requesting an extension for assignments through an online form.
Students wishing to request extensions to assignment submission dates should refer to the Learnline site for their unit for instructions on how to submit a request. In the absence of any information, please contact your lecturer for that unit.
If you have been requested by your lecturer to resubmit an assignment please ensure that you use a new cover-sheet and indicate that the assignment is a resubmission by writing in the student comment box on the form to avoid confusion in handling