Blackboard Collaborate 12.6
Blackboard Collaborate is Learnline’s online classroom and web conferencing utility. Last year’s release, while predominately a maintenance release brings a significant change, the Launcher utility. The Launcher removes the requirement for a system installation of Java.
The Launcher bundles a version of Java in the application and removes the requirement completely for Blackboard Collaborate participants.
The Launcher is required to join and moderate Blackboard Collaborate sessions.
Please note: for participants on-campus at CDU you do not need to install this utility in both staff and student environments.
For those off-campuses, you will be required to download this utility to join Blackboard Collaborate sessions. To prepare for sessions it is recommended that you download and set up the Launcher ahead of time, as it will take 10 -15 mins to install, configure and prepare your computer.
For more information and installation instruction please see the Blackboard Collaborate Quick Reference Guide.
To download Launcher directly:
Blackboard Collaborate On-Demand Training Series
Blackboard Collaborate Support
Blackboard Collaborate Participant Orientation
For expanding opportunities for mobile learning Blackboard Collaborate mobile access supports Android devices, iOS devices and Kindle Fire. Students using iOS and Android devices are able to access most Collaborate functions (video is currently not supported) with just a swipe or a tap, including:
- Viewing the Whiteboard content
- Viewing a shared Application on another user’s desktop
- Accessing Breakout Rooms
- Sending and receiving Chat messages with the entire room
- Listening to the session audio and talking with others
- Responding to Polls
- Raising their hand for questions or comments
- View or download recordings of previous sessions in MP3/MP4 format to mobile devices.
Download a mobile version of Bb Collaborate now from your favourite store
- App Store - http://itunes.com/apps/blackboardcollaboratemobile
- Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbcollaborate.collaborate
- Kindle Fire - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CH9J1J8?ie=UTF8&ref=mas_dl
Note: Bb Collaborate Mobile access is not yet available for Windows Mobile devices.
For further information for Students see the Student Support Site.